Friday, October 3, 2008

here's to Fr. Michael

Day 3
A little old lady gave her cat a bath one day. And to make the little kitty dry faster, she had the idea to put him in the microwave. This was not a good idea. Ben Franklin invented the Armonica that made such beautiful music it was played in hospitals to aid in healing patients. Obviously, the Armonica was a good idea. Alana and I, one summer, tried several times to watch the sun rise over the ocean on the coasts of California. This was one of our less good ideas.
Last year, around this time, when I was trying to decide to move home to California or to sink my roots in and make Massachusetts my home, Fr. Michael advised me to pray the Paraklesis for forty days and entreat the Theotokos to guide me in my decision. He said that anytime he and his family have had to make important decisions they have done this and been incredibly blessed. I don't think I actually made it to day 40.
A couple nights ago, when Alana and I were trying to have a meaningful conversation in a bar over the music and interruptions of drunk couples asking us for smokes, we made an agreement that would keep us connected when we're on opposite sides of the country and keep our souls alive. It may be our best idea yet.
(Though, I just made pumpkin bread and that was a pretty good idea too.)

No comments: