Monday, October 27, 2008

The How and Why of It

Sometimes I pray to keep my mind from distractions. Sometimes I pray to save myself from despairing. I pray in times of distress, during times of heartbreak, and on days when my world seems slightly too grey. Most of the time I pray when there is a need, either my own or at the request of another. Occasionally, I pray because there is nothing else I'd rather do. I pray most comfortably with my face to the ground. I've prayed in silence. I've prayed to break silence. I pray less often and often less fervently when life seems to be going my way. The opposite is usually true when the opposite is true. I've done it with fervor and zeal. I've done it out of thanksgiving and in joy. I've done it with tears. I've done it half-heartedly. I've done it selfishly. I've done it all wrong. I've done it, and I'm doing it. For a number of reasons, in a variety of moods, under various circumstances - I pray. I pray and, although I can't see it with my eyes, I know it must make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have recently discovered your blog....and all I can say is FANTASTIC!